Uzilla Announces Usability Testing Suite Version 1.0
Uzilla.net decreases time and cost of usability testing for the
usability lab, the user desktop, and remote locations
CLEMSON, SOUTH CAROLINA, October 15, 2002 - Uzilla, LLC today announced the availability of Uzilla.net, a "paperless" suite of Web usability test tools designed to give webmasters and application developers the power to greatly enhance usability based on an assessment of actual user experience. Uzilla.net makes usability testing cheaper, faster and easier. Uzilla.net combines methods for quantitative measurement with traditional usability tools, so that usability professionals get unprecedented accuracy and detail in the usability assessment. Webmasters will use Uzilla.net as a guide to testing and get results faster. Application designers will use it to benchmark usability of their products and capture measurements of improvements in successive product versions. Uzilla.net makes it easy to quickly understand the test results so they can make calculated adjustments to directly improve the user experience.
"Testing our new Web site layout was easy! The results helped us make qualified improvement decisions with our client, and saved time on the project as a whole," said Nathan Steiner, Principal, Twinsparc Design. "Clients have been impressed with improvements based on real user experience."
Uzilla.net features automated comparison of the "optimal path" with the action taken by users. The difference between the designer's path through a site or application and the user's path is a key usability issue. Uzilla's tools show you the difference, allowing you to diagnose trouble spots in your Web flow and improve user satisfaction.
Uzilla.net's innovative tool suite includes:
- The debut of "mouse miles" as a measure of user experience. Mouse miles quantify how users interact with a Web site, complementing traditional measures such as task success, error rate, click count, and number of page views. A MouseMile is 5280 pixels of travel with either the mouse or with scrolling by keyboard or mouse wheel.
- Automated survey building, administering and reporting saves time and allows you to compare quantitative results based upon user characteristics.
- A "paperless" usability test with a custom Mozilla-based Web browser makes the process easier and facilitates sharing with your team or client.
- Sophisticated reporting based upon an RDBMS enables you to quickly generate reports and the comparisons between tests.
- Innovative visualizations for understanding and hypothesis testing complement typical reports make communicating your results a breeze.
Uzilla.net can be used on your schedule and by your team. "A full lifecycle consulting relationship with Uzilla, LLC is an option, but the product is designed for independent use by our customer's testing team," said Andy Edmonds, Uzilla Founder. "The hosted service at Uzilla.net makes it easy for you to test the usability of your Web site or application to improve your user's experience."
Uzilla, LLC, provides products and services for web-based usability testing. It was founded in 2002 by Andy Edmonds, whose 7-year career in Internet development follows an education in Cognitive Psychology at Carnegie Mellon University and Georgia Tech. Andy has taught many classes in Web development and has spoken at numerous tradeshows and user groups. He is the creator of several popular Mozilla add-ons including the gestural navigation plugin. For more information please visit our company Web site at www.uzilla.net.
Andy Edmonds, President